- About Us
- Campus Transformation Overview
- Real Estate, Housing & Parking
- Project Planning & Design
- ED Expansion & Renovation Project Overview
- Kimmel Program: Energy Building Construction Project Overview
- Tisch Elevators & Lobby Project Overview
- Science Building: Rubin Hall Demolition Project Overview
- Featured Projects
- NYULMC Art Program
- Project Development and Design
- Construction Management
- Contact Us
- Facilities Operations & Maintenance
- RED+F Finance & Administration
- Safety, Security & Locksmith
- Clinical Engineering
Housing for Medical & MD/PhD Students
Housing Services works with Admissions, Student Affairs, and other School of Medicine departments to coordinate housing accommodations for our students. Some members of the Real Estate & Housing team oversee property management matters such as repairs, facilities upkeep, etc. Housing Services is responsible for overseeing housing applications, assignments, transfers, and housing licenses ("leases").
The Office of Admissions will provide the website link for housing information and housing application forms to newly-matriculating students. Each housing application must be accompanied by a check for a non-refundable application fee.
Single new students are assured of receiving housing offers. Accommodations for student couples (married or documented partnerships) are limited. We would urge an accepted student to submit a housing application to Housing Services as early as possible. Assignments are made in order of the date the application is received.
Students sign housing licenses for one year at a time. These are renewable as long as the student remains eligible. Non-graduating students have an annual option to terminate their housing licenses as of June 30, as long as the appropriate advance notice is provided.
Each spring there is a housing transfer opportunity, also known as the housing lottery. The process allows eligible continuing students to apply to move to available vacancies that originate from students leaving School of Medicine housing. The policies and priorities are subject to review and revision each year.
Housing locations available to new medical students currently include Vilcek Hall (334 East 26th Street) and Greenberg Hall (545 First Avenue.) Buildings and apartments are subject to change. All medical students are permitted access to the fitness center and lounge in Vilcek Hall. In the residential buildings for medical students, there is 24-hour security staffing. Neither smoking nor pets are permitted in NYU School of Medicine student housing.
If you have any questions about applying for NYU School of Medicine housing, please e-mail the Housing Office at email@example.com
2013 MD & MD-PhD Student Housing Lottery Policy and Forms (for current students)
- 2013-2014 MD & MD-PhD Housing Rent Schedule
- Greenberg Hall Information Sheet
- Sample Floor Plan - Greenberg Hall Shared Apartment
- Vilcek Hall Information Sheet
- Sample Floorplan - Vilcek Hall 2-Bedroom Shared Suite
- Sample Floorplan - Vilcek Hall Single-Occupancy Studio
- Sample Floorplan - Vilcek Hall Couples Studio
- Housing Policy for Families & Couples
- Student Sublet Policy and Form
- Click here to access a student sublet database.
- Student Vacate Form