- About Us
- Campus Transformation Overview
- Real Estate, Housing & Parking
- Project Planning & Design
- ED Expansion & Renovation Project Overview
- Kimmel Program: Energy Building Construction Project Overview
- KIMMEL PROGRAM: Rusk-Perelman Demolition Overview
- Tisch Elevators & Lobby Project Overview
- Science Building: Rubin Hall Demolition Project Overview
- Featured Projects
- NYULMC Art Program
- Project Development and Design
- Construction Management
- Contact Us
- Facilities Operations & Maintenance
- RED+F Finance & Administration
- Safety, Security & Locksmith
- Clinical Engineering
Housing for Medical & MD/PhD Students
The Real Estate and Housing division works with Admissions, Student Affairs, and other School of Medicine offices to coordinate housing accommodations for students. The Office of Admissions will provide to newly-matriculating students the Housing website link for information and housing application forms. Each student housing application must be accompanied by a check for a non-refundable application fee.
Housing Services, located at One Park Avenue, 10th floor, is responsible for overseeing housing applications, assignments, transfers, mail distribution, and housing licenses ("leases").
Real Estate’s Property Management staff (also based at One Park Avenue, 10th floor) oversee matters such as furniture, repairs and maintenance, keys, etc. If your building superintendent cannot assist, please contact Edward Berman Edward.firstname.lastname@example.org regarding these issues.
Single new students are assured of receiving housing offers. Accommodations for student couples are limited. We would urge a newly-accepted student to submit a housing application to Housing Services as early as possible. Assignments for new students are made according to the order of the dates the applications are received.
Housing locations available to new medical students include Vilcek Hall (334 East 26th Street) and Greenberg Hall (545 First Avenue.) Buildings and apartments are subject to change. In the residential buildings for medical students, there is 24-hour lobby staffing. Neither smoking nor pets are permitted in NYU School of Medicine student housing.
Students housing licenses are renewable as long as the student remains eligible. Non-graduating students have an annual option to terminate their housing licenses as of June 30, as long as the appropriate advance notice is provided.
Each spring there is a housing transfer opportunity, also known as the housing lottery. The process allows eligible continuing students to apply to move to available vacancies that originate from students leaving School of Medicine housing. Students living off-campus can also participate in the lottery if they wish to move into School of Medicine housing. The housing lottery policies and procedures are updated each year and will be posted on this webpage.
If you have any questions about applying for NYU School of Medicine housing, please e-mail Housing Services at email@example.com
- Vacating and Lottery Policy 2014
- Lottery Numbers by Matric. Date
- MD/MDPhD Student Rents 2014-15
- Housing Intent Form--Singles
- Housing Intent Form--Couples
- Proxy Form
- 2014-15 MD/MDPhD Rent Schedule
- Greenberg Hall Information Sheet with sample floor plans
- Vilcek Hall Information Sheet with sample floor plans
- Housing Policy for Families & Couples
- Student Sublet Policy and Form
- Guest Pass Form and Policy
- Click here to access a student sublet database.
- Student Vacate Form
Information and forms are subject to change.