- About Us
- Campus Transformation Overview
- Real Estate, Housing & Parking
- Project Planning & Design
- ED Expansion & Renovation Project Overview
- Kimmel Program: Energy Building Construction Project Overview
- KIMMEL PROGRAM: Rusk-Perelman Demolition Overview
- Tisch Elevators & Lobby Project Overview
- Science Building: Rubin Hall Demolition Project Overview
- Featured Projects
- NYULMC Art Program
- Project Development and Design
- Construction Management
- Contact Us
- Facilities Operations & Maintenance
- RED+F Finance & Administration
- Safety, Security & Locksmith
- Clinical Engineering
Housing for Medical & MD/PhD Students
Housing Services works with Admissions, Student Affairs, and other School of Medicine offices to coordinate housing accommodations for our students. Housing Services is responsible for overseeing housing applications, assignments, transfers, mail distribution, and housing licenses ("leases").
Effective June 25, 2013, Housing Services is located at One Park Avenue, 10th floor.
Property management staff supervise the building superintendents, and topics such as furniture, repairs, keys, etc. If your building superintendent cannot assist, please contact Edward Berman Edward.firstname.lastname@example.org regarding these matters.
Student billing and housing charges are overseen by a Finance and Administration team email@example.com
The Office of Admissions will provide the website link for housing information and housing application forms to newly-matriculating students. Each housing application must be accompanied by a check for a non-refundable application fee.
Single new students are assured of receiving housing offers. Accommodations for student couples (married or documented partnerships) are limited. We would urge an accepted student to submit a housing application to Housing Services as early as possible. Assignments are made in order of the date the application is received.
Students sign housing licenses for one year at a time. These are renewable as long as the student remains eligible. Non-graduating students have an annual option to terminate their housing licenses as of June 30, as long as the appropriate advance notice is provided.
Housing locations available to new medical students currently include Vilcek Hall (334 East 26th Street) and Greenberg Hall (545 First Avenue.) Neither smoking nor pets are permitted in NYU School of Medicine student housing. Buildings and apartments are subject to change.
Each spring there is a housing transfer opportunity, also known as the housing lottery. The process allows eligible continuing students to apply to move to available vacancies that originate from students leaving School of Medicine housing. The housing lottery policies and procedures are subject to revision each year and will be posted on this webpage.
All MD and MDPhD students are permitted access to the fitness center and lounge in Vilcek Hall. In the residential buildings for medical students, there is 24-hour security staffing. If you have any questions about applying for NYU School of Medicine housing, please e-mail Housing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
2013 MD & MD-PhD Student Housing Lottery Policy and Forms (for current students)
- 2013-2014 MD & MD-PhD Housing Rent Schedule
- Greenberg Hall Information Sheet
- Sample Floor Plan - Greenberg Hall Shared Apartment
- Vilcek Hall Information Sheet
- Sample Floorplan - Vilcek Hall 2-Bedroom Shared Suite
- Sample Floorplan - Vilcek Hall Single-Occupancy Studio
- Sample Floorplan - Vilcek Hall Larger Studio
- Housing Policy for Families & Couples
- Student Sublet Policy and Form
- Guest Pass Form and Policy
- Click here to access a student sublet database.
- Student Vacate Form