- About Us
- Campus Transformation Overview
- Real Estate, Housing & Parking
- Project Planning & Design
- ED Expansion & Renovation Project Overview
- KIMMEL PROGRAM: Energy Building Construction Project Overview
- KIMMEL PROGRAM: Kimmel Pavilion Construction Project Overview
- Tisch Elevators & Lobby Project Overview
- Science Building: Rubin Hall Demolition Project Overview
- Featured Projects
- NYULMC Art Program
- Project Development and Design
- Construction Management
- Contact Us
- Facilities Operations & Maintenance
- RED+F Finance & Administration
- Safety, Security & Locksmith
- Clinical Engineering
Housing for Medical & MD/PhD Students
The Real Estate and Housing division works with Admissions, Student Affairs, and other School of Medicine offices to coordinate housing accommodations for students. Each student housing application must be accompanied by a check for a non-refundable application fee.
Real Estate's Property Management staff oversees matters such as furniture, repairs and maintenance, keys, etc. If your building superintendent cannot assist with these issues, please contact Edward Berman, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Luis Rodriguez email@example.com The office location is One Park Avenue, 10th floor.
Housing charges will appear on students' Bursar billing statements and are overseen by a Finance Operations staff. If you have questions about these matters, write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Their location is One Park Avenue, 10th floor.
Housing Services, also located at One Park Avenue, 10th floor, is responsible for overseeing housing applications, assignments, transfers, housing licenses ("leases"), moving in or vacating, and mail distribution in on-campus buildings. If you have questions, please e-mail the Housing Office at email@example.com.
Single new students are assured of receiving housing offers when first matriculating. Accommodations for student couples are limited. We would urge a newly-accepted student to submit a housing application to Housing Services as early as possible. Assignments for new students are made according to the order of the dates the applications are received.
Housing locations available to new medical students include Vilcek Hall (334 East 26th Street) and Greenberg Hall (545 First Avenue.) Buildings and apartments are subject to change.
In the residential buildings for medical students, there is 24-hour lobby staffing. Neither smoking nor pets are permitted in NYU School of Medicine student housing.
Once in NYULMC housing, a student's housing license is renewable as long as the student remains eligible. Non-graduating students have an annual option to terminate their housing licenses at the end of the license term, as long as the appropriate advance notice is provided.
Each spring there is a housing transfer opportunity. The process allows eligible continuing students to apply to move to available vacancies within designated procedures. Students living off-campus can also participate in the lottery if they wish to move into School of Medicine housing. The housing lottery policies and procedures are updated each year and will be posted on this webpage.
The Housing Office is located at One Park Avenue, 10th floor.
- January 2015 Town Hall Presentation
- 2014-15 MD/MDPhD Rent Schedule
- Greenberg Hall Information Sheet with sample floor plans
- Greenberg Hall Sample Photos
- Vilcek Hall Information Sheet with sample floor plans
- Vilcek Hall sample photos
- Housing Policy for Families & Couples
- Student Sublet Policy and Form
- Guest Pass Form and Policy
- Click here to access a student sublet database.
- Student Vacate Form
Information and forms are subject to change.